OCTAPOL® Sugar Clarifying Reagent
OCTAPOL® Sugar Clarifying Reagent is a proprietary formulation of eight chemicals (OCTA) for clarification prior to Polarimetric analysis (POL) of sugar cane juice and beet juice. Since 1998, this effective and environmentally friendly reagent has been widely used by the Sugar Cane and Sugar Beet factories on six continents. It has proven to be an effective replacement for Lead Subacetate, without the dangerous and unacceptable properties of Lead.
- Contains no carcinogenic or toxic chemicals of any kind
- Organic ingredients are biodegradable
- Effective clarification – suitable for use in the Factory Laboratory
- Rapid filtration – suitable for use in the Incoming Crush/Core Laboratory
- Mixture has indefinite shelf life prior to activation
Product is bottled into a plastic 1 gallon bottle (3.785 liters) containing 1.5 Kg of product, includes:
- 1350 grams of clarifier and 150 grams of activator.
- Bottles will be packaged in a box of 4.
Features and Specifications:
- Contains no lead and or any other toxic heavy metals or chemicals.
- Excellent substitute for Lead Subacetate, without the chemical carcinogenic subacetate.
- Environmentally-friendly, Organics constituents are biodegradable.
- Effective clarification that is suitable for use in the Factory Laboratory.
- Rapid filtration that is suitable for use in the Core Laboratory.
- Stable indefinitely in the un-activated state. May be used for 30 days after activation.
- No special equipment or procedures required. Procedures same as for historical usage of Lead Subacetate.
- Octapol® is a proprietary, lead-free, biodegradable non-toxic product developed after learning of the serious environmental and health problems related to the use of toxic Lead Subacetate used for the clarification of sugar-bearing juices.
- Octapol® is based on a formulation consisting of a mixture of eight chemicals (OCTA-) and its use in clarification prior to pol (-POL) measurement of sugar beet and cane juices.